Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Wednesday Words

I've been so busy reading everybody else's blogs that I almost forgot today was Wednesday. Actually, I'm not that excited about today. Why, you ask? OK, you didn't but I will tell you anyway. I have to go to the dentist.

Not only am I going to the dentist. I'm heading south of the border to the dentist. Ay yi yi! Not that I'm really afraid of the dentist that I'm going to (she's absolutely cool and does great work) or even that I'm afraid of the dentist. I'm not particularly fond of heading across the border anymore. There's been so much violence in TJ lately that you get that impending feeling of doom before you head down there. At least I do.

The good side is that we are finally getting around to fixing my teeth. They are such a mess from all the drug and alcohol abuse, non care and smoking that I did in the past. I can't wait to have a new set of choppers. If you notice in my pictures I rarely smile for the camera or if I do it's only a half smile. It's not because I'm a tough guy, it's because I'm a vain guy.

I know this sounds silly but pray for me today. That we get to and from Mexico safely and that we can get together on a plan with the dentist that we can afford. We have dental insurance through Letty's job but it only covers 60% of the services. I have no idea what it's going to cost. The other upside of this is once I get my teeth fixed I'll be more comfortable playing music out again as well as maybe think about getting back into white collar work. The wear and tear on my body from lifting heavy stuff 8 hours a night is starting to take it's toll on me.

That's all I got. I hope everyone is having a great week!

6 comments:

Brenda said...

I am definitely praying for you and Letty today. Praying for safety, dental costs, excellent work from the dentist, etc! I'm excited for you. You need to feel good about yourself.

It's great to hear that you're thinking about playing music out again. Can't wait to hear you perform someday.

Hey, I like your Compassion widget.

Anonymous said...

...praying, bro!

Anonymous said...

Aw, man I didn't read this until about 8pm so I didn't get to say a prayer for you beforehand. Sorry!

Jeff and I used to go to TJ for Brandon's asthma inhalers and such when he was little and we had no insurance. I remember being nervous about crossing the border back into the US, because we really stocked up.

Jeff has the same insecurity with his smile. He was given tetracyclin when he was your for his asthma and it turned his teeth gray. I wish he would get them fixed so I could see his smile again. Good for you Bub! It's never too late to pray for a brutha.

Glenna said...

I hope the appt. went well and you had a good trip.

Anonymous said...

I'm late to the post, but I pray that the appointment went well and that you are smiling soon!

sundog said...

Time doesn't matter to our God. Lord, protect Bub and Letty as they travel... guide and provide. Amen.